Karen Baker brings more than a 23-years, as an award-winning executive specializing in Design Research, Strategic Planning, Experiential Marketing, Business Development, Concept and Content Development and Experience Design. In her role, she is currently leading several projects and programs for these brands: Isom Global Strategies and Think Local First DC. Karen works directly with executive management and key stakeholders to coordinate internal strategy, marketing, branding, and national advertising campaigns.
With prior to projects, Ms. Baker consulted for companies such as BET, Viacom, and Pernod-Ricard, whom Forbes repeatedly ranks on its list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Green Festival Expo, DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, and DC State Education Office, to name a few.
Ms. Baker received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Howard University, Master in Administration in Event Management from The George Washington University, School of Business, and a Master in Arts in Design Thinking from the Savannah College of Art and Design, School of Design.
- 13 years of teaching in the areas market research, strategic marketing, and experiential marketing in higher education learning.
- Designed strategic marketing plans that garnered a 22% return on equity, marketing, and investment
- Designs effective Citizen-centered campaigns for non-profits, federal and state government agencies to make information accessible to everyone.
- The MBDA YouTube campaign viewer rate surpassed the benchmark of 29.6% for government and advocacy industries.
Karen is a dynamic and inspiring business leader with keen marketing and event insight. She pushes the marketing envelope to create masterful marketing campaigns. You can count on Karen and her team to provide direction and expertise in order to make her clients’ event a success. Gabie Williams, Sr. Account Manager, DATAWERX
Past and Upcoming Speaking Events:
- EPIC2013 London – September 2013
- DTLR Radio – April 2014
- Covenant Church 39th Anniversary – July 2017
- Mindfulness Meditation for the Leader
- Office of Cable TV, Film, Music, and Entertainment (OCTFME) – September 2017
- ComNet DC – December 21, 2017
- Creative Risks Birth Meaningful Projects
- Ad2DC [American Advertising Federation] & Howard University – February 22, 2018
- You Can’t-Do That Advertising Ethics & Best Practices
- The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) – March 20 and 22, 2018
Memberships: Society of Ethnomusicology, Washington Project for the Arts, Women in Film & Video, The American Association of University Women and African American Intellectual History Society Inc., National Museum of Women In the Arts
Click the link to find out more about our past and present projects.