About 4 years ago, I decided to write about my year in business to all my friends, family and clients, well let’s do it again! This year was not a year of planning but a year of breathing life into a long time hard work that brought on blessings+rewards. Thank you to all who believe in the work, collaborate with me [Stacy, Terrence, Alison, Kiaira, Munch, Anthony, Jana, and Kymone] and hire my/our services [IGS and ThinkLocalDC]!
- Received the first DC Commission on the Art and Humanities Curatorial Practice Grant, which birthed what is now viewed as a critically acclaimed art exhibition by media entitled Anacostia Unmapped 2.0 Exhibition. Thank you to the 12 artists who put their blood, sweat, and tears into the art.
- Designed my first Digital Marketing Webinar for PCMA, which birthed into me speaking at their annual PCMA Education Conference with an outcome of being chosen as a PCMA “Best In Class” participant until 2020.
- New client, Think Local First DC came on board! The impact we have been able to make to the local business economy in Washington, DC, I am proud to be part of. Here’s the list of 2018 outcomes.
- Awarded the 2018 and 2019 Artist Fellowship in Design Arts.
- Behind The Mind Radio Show marked 215 LIVE shows on 12/14/18 [with Afro House] to close out six seasons on the We Act Radio Network.
- Fortunate to handle the Marketing for The first annual DMV Black Restaurant Week, lead by this dynamic trio, just awarded The Year 2018 in D.C. Food Biggest D.C. food milestone. The impact of 40 black-owned restaurants participating with 26 interviews=over 270 million online readers within 2 weeks and 111k websites visit in less than one month – no words. Huge thanks to Kelly Davidson [Kelly Maven Media] – Rockstar in Marketing and PR – you are DOPE.
- Really excited to begin the design process that will make an impact on the sustainability and climate industry using art – WRAPture Public Art Project lead by International award-winning artist + activist Monica Jahan Bose. This project is amazing. I am honored to be handling the marketing for it. It will install, April 2019.
In 2019, I have some surprises coming as I enter my 25th year in business! However, I continue with my 6th production of National Park Service 47th Annual Fort Dupont Summer Concert Series for my wonderful client, IGS – get ready for Rare Essence! My nonprofit Social Art and Culture will enter into its’ 10th year and host its first workshop for the Creative Entrepreneur and Business Owner, April 12, 2019 – more details to come!
Happy New Year!